Your cart is empty.
London, United Kingdom
TodayChance of a Thunderstorm26°C
New York, United States
TodayChance of a Thunderstorm31°C
Greek Rich List News
John Catsimatides – Secrets of The Self-Made
John Catsimatidis, is the owner, president, chairman, and CEO of the Red Apple Group and Gritsedes Foods. He is also the chairman and CEO of the Red Apple Group subsidiary United Refining Company. The Red Apple Group also has holdings in aviation and real estate interests in New York, Florida, and the U.S Virgin Islands . He owns and operates the Hellenic Times newspaper. John was listed at No.5 in Greek Rich List US section and also profiled in Forbes 400 with an estimated wealth of $2.1 billion. The new 2011 Greek Rich List will be released in June.
Forbes asked John Catsimatides 20 questions:
1. What is the difference between a millionaire and a billionaire (besides the three extra zeros)?
You get used to thinking on a larger scale.
2. Is sleep overrated?
3. As you became wealthy, what relationships did you leave behind?
I’m still in touch with all the people I grew up with and [who] helped me get my start in business.
4. What event will touch off the next economic crisis?
Another terrorist attack.
5. What’s the bigger turn-on: the chase or the kill?
6. Whom do you turn to for advice?
My oldest friends.
7. Your house is on fire. You can save one thing besides your family. What do you grab on your way out the door?
Pets and family photos.
8. Is writing checks to charity effective philanthropy?
Yes, if you choose carefully and do the due diligence on the charity. It draws attention to the cause.
9. What is the best bar on the planet?
Any bar in New York.
10. The estate tax: yes or no?
No, it’s redundant.
11. How much cash do you usually carry in your wallet?
12. You can be James Bond or Michael Jordan for an evening. Who do you choose?
13. Where do most of your deals go down (restaurants, golf courses, poker table, cellphone)?
14. How do you spot a liar?
15. You can have a front-row seat to any event in history. Where is your time machine taking you?
I would go into the future.
16. What are the first and last questions you ask in any job interview?
What do you like to do? What do you hate to do?
17. What’s the coolest number in your cellphone?
My kids’ cell numbers.
18. What is the future of the U.S. dollar?
The dollar will always be king.
19. Will the government be cutting Social Security checks in 20 years?
If our elected officials have the courage to do the right thing.
20. You have $100,000 to invest. What do you do with it?